This is a bare-bones version of my packing list in the ‘Tips for Packing: How and What to Pack for Long-term Travel‘ post. If you want more detail, helpful tips and also a list of things I missed when packing, check out that post! If you just want a simple packing list for her, then keep on reading.
Her packing list – for long-term travel
- 1 pair of thongs (i.e. flip-flops)
- 1 pair of black Nike training shoes
- 1 pair Merrell Walking sandals
- 1 pair black leather ballet flats
- 1 pair Salomon hiking boots.
- 4 sleeveless lightweight tops
- 2 T-shirts
- For layering: 2 cardigans and 2 long sleeved T-shirts
- Basics: 3 singlets/strappy tank tops.
- 1 pair of jeans (black)
- 1 pair of jeggings (blue)
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 1 skirt
- 1 pair high-quality full-length leggings.
- 2 knee-length casual dresses
- 1 ‘beach dress’
- 1 maxi-dress.
Lounge & sleep wear:
- 2 comfortable tops
- 1 pair cropped leggings
- 1 pair full-length leggings.
- 10 pairs of underwear
- 4 bras
- 7 pairs of socks.
- 1 pair of bikinis
- 1 pair of board shorts
- 1 rash guard.
- 1 pair of Lululemon workout/yoga pants
- 1 Lululemon workout/yoga top
- 2 pairs of Lululemon workout bras.
- 1 pair of lightweight roll-up hiking pants (Eddie Bauer).
- 1 thermal long-sleeved top
- 2 pairs of hiking socks.
- 1 lightweight layering jacket
- 1 shell jacket (Halti jacket)
- 1 lightweight & packable rain jacket (also Halti).
- 4 scarfs
- 1 Buff multifunctional headwear
- 1 sarong
- 1 thin leather belt
- 2 hats (one cap and one wide-brimmed floppy hat)
- Jewelry: 5 sets of earrings, 4 rings, 2 bangles and 2 very light necklaces/pendants. All very small and light pieces
- 1 beanie
- 1 pair of gloves.
Toiletries and makeup:
- Shampoo, conditioner, face wash, moisturizer, eye cream, sunscreen, deodorant, cotton tips, nail clippers, and nail polish.
- Make-up: eye liner, mascara, concealer, mineral powder, blusher and eye shadow.
- Medicine: Ibuprofen/painkillers, anti-histamine, traveler diarrhea medication, antibiotics and melatonin.
- 4 soft hair curlers.
- Driving license
- Credit card
- Some cash in US$
- Print-out of my travel insurance policy, also stored on my laptop and email
- Pictures of my passport biopage stored on my laptop and in my email
- Scuba diving certification
- Vaccination card
- Spare passport photos.
Miscellaneous useful items:
- Antibacterial hand-wipes
- 1 travel towel: Sea to Summit Pocket towel
- 1 folding daypack. I have an Eddie Bauer Travel Daypack
- 1 folding tote/shopping bag. Tiny.
- 1 silk sleeping bag liner by Sea to Summit
- 1 dry bag
- 1 set of ear plugs
- ’In-flight kit’ with noise-canceling headphones, blow-up neck pillow and footrest, and flight socks.
- Ziplock bags in two different sizes
- A small travel journal
- Yazee game
- Travel wineglass.
- 11 inch Macbook Air
- Sony NEX-5N camera
- GoPro Hero4
- 1 multiregion adapter
- Chargers for all gadgets.